Author Topic: Startup time  (Read 11241 times)

Offline tombearyphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Startup time
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2016, 12:07:28 PM »
yeah i just don't have any new pictures on a card & don't have time to shoot a few right now so will shoot some tomorrow and then attach my card reader.... i use Lexar cards and card reader

i don't usually have a huge number of files to ingest .... max would be 400 for any one ingest (half-time in a game)

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 17146 (60130ac)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2016, 01:56:46 PM »
yeah i just don't have any new pictures on a card & don't have time to shoot a few right now so will shoot some tomorrow and then attach my card reader.... i use Lexar cards and card reader

i don't usually have a huge number of files to ingest .... max would be 400 for any one ingest (half-time in a game)

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 17146 (60130ac)

Perhaps you could answer this question in the meantime?

How long does it take to bring up the Ingest dialog itself?

Thanks,

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2016, 05:27:03 PM »
that takes forever to start (i have selected Auto Ingest....) ... even when i bering up the Ingest dialog myself the ingest takes takes just as long to start

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 06:04:47 PM »
that takes forever to start (i have selected Auto Ingest....) ... even when i bering up the Ingest dialog myself the ingest takes takes just as long to start

OK.  How many disks do you have connected to your computer?

Are there any disks that are connected that you never would ever want to ingest from?

If so, you can create a folder named PMIngestIgnore on the root directory of each drive that you want Ingest to ignore.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Clean_up_Ingest_dialog.3F

This can speed things up dramatically.

-Kirk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 01:29:21 AM »
ok thanks Kirk will give that a go later on ... he only disk i ever ingest from are cards on a card reader