Author Topic: Images emailed from PM to myself are very pixelated  (Read 9349 times)

Offline neils

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Images emailed from PM to myself are very pixelated
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 04:09:11 AM »
Well that was it.  The image size box got changed somehow to "small".   Once I add an image to send in Apple Mail I get the option for the size and it was on small.  No idea how it got there but I'm very glad someone spotted that. 

Thank You PM Forum

Neil

Offline daveh

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 08:41:58 AM »
Hi,

I'm still having problems with this.

Apple Mail is set to send images at "Actual Size".  It's also set to 'Always send windows-friendly attachments'

Just sent an image to myself and my wife.  I'm on a macBook Pro, my wife is on a Windows 10 PC.

Image sent from PM.

Image I receive is fine.  Image my wife receives is a tiny thumbnail of very small file size and it's squashed to a square format.  I double left click on the thumbnail on the PC and nothing.  I right click on the thumbnail and the only option I have is to 'copy' the image.

Now if I send the same image to my wife and don't go through PM, just originating  the image in Apple Mail, with the same settings as described above, then she receives an email which doesn't preview the file but I can right click on the attached file description and save the image.

Something looks to be not quite right between PM and Apple Mail.

I'm on OSX El Capitain 10.11.5.  Apple Mail is Version 9.3.

Any thoughts guys?

Regards

Dave H

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 03:18:20 PM »
Dave,

Apple Mail is set to send images at "Actual Size".  It's also set to 'Always send windows-friendly attachments'

Just sent an image to myself and my wife.  I'm on a macBook Pro, my wife is on a Windows 10 PC.

Image sent from PM.

Image I receive is fine.  Image my wife receives is a tiny thumbnail of very small file size and it's squashed to a square format.  I double left click on the thumbnail on the PC and nothing.  I right click on the thumbnail and the only option I have is to 'copy' the image.

It seems odd to me that depending on the receiving email client the size of the image changes.  PM certainly has no control over this sort of behavior.  The way the feature works is PM uses AppleScript to talk to your chosen email client.  It tells the client to create the email, set the To: Cc: and Bcc:, Subject, and Body.  Then it tells the email client to attach the JPEGs generated by PM to the email message.  Then depending on your settings, it either leaves the message ready for review and manual sending, or it instead tells the email client to send the message.  The format of the message data (MIME-encoding) is done by the email client, not PM.

Now if I send the same image to my wife and don't go through PM, just originating the image in Apple Mail, with the same settings as described above, then she receives an email which doesn't preview the file but I can right click on the attached file description and save the image.

If you send that same message to yourself, how does the message act?  Do you see a preview?  Or do you receive an email the way your Windows 10 system receives it?

-Kirk