Author Topic: Adjusting photo creation time and date  (Read 2322 times)

Offline bellarose

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Adjusting photo creation time and date
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:37:56 AM »
Hello,
I have used your software for years and have adjusted my photos time and date many times. I shot a wedding over the weekend and the date and time on my camera was incorrect. Now my photos will not mesh with my second shooter's photos. I am trying to sync them according to the time of the first kiss, because I know that will align them pretty accurately. I am selecting the group of photos I want to change, pushing the arrow key until I get to the first kiss photo and typing in the correct time and date. Then hit sync. The only photo that is different is the first kiss photo. All of the rest stay the same. Can you please help me figure out what I need to do differently.
Thanks,
Lisa

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Adjusting photo creation time and date
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 01:01:01 PM »
Lisa,

I have used your software for years and have adjusted my photos time and date many times. I shot a wedding over the weekend and the date and time on my camera was incorrect. Now my photos will not mesh with my second shooter's photos. I am trying to sync them according to the time of the first kiss, because I know that will align them pretty accurately. I am selecting the group of photos I want to change, pushing the arrow key until I get to the first kiss photo and typing in the correct time and date. Then hit sync. The only photo that is different is the first kiss photo. All of the rest stay the same. Can you please help me figure out what I need to do differently.

All of the selected photos should have been adjusted by the same time delta.  If you see that the other photo's dates/times are not changing, I'd like to know if you deselect the first image (the one that did change) and then adjust the remaining ones (without making any changes in the Adjust Capture Dates and Times dialog) do they now change?

Are you editing photos on your camera card?  If so, by default, PM won't modify images on camera cards.  We suggest that all users download (Ingest) images to secondary media before attempting to make any modifications.

-Kirk