Author Topic: Using PM for clients to select images to buy at events  (Read 2115 times)

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Using PM for clients to select images to buy at events
« on: May 23, 2016, 06:09:14 AM »
Im a event photographer and cover Motocross meetings and I use PM myself to select client images and save in a folder for them to view and select the ones they want to buy from me, im now needing to add more screens to my event setup when it gets busy and run them as self service portals for customers. I can tell clients to highlight there images and either press T or tick the box in the right hand corner of an image to tag it, but once this is done is there a way to make it very easy for them to save there selection in to a named folder ?

Currently i right click with the mouse in the navigator bar then create sub folders but i'm not sure this would be a good idea for clients who don't really know what there doing so im wondering if theres a short cut built in anywhere.

Failing the above is there away to hide all the tool bars and navigator etc so on there screens all they can see are pictures, then they could scrol down expand them for a better look and wright down image numbers. If theres no tool bars etc then they cant mess up or delete anything by mistake

I use Apple Mac's by the way

thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Using PM for clients to select images to buy at events
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 08:41:40 AM »
Im a event photographer and cover Motocross meetings and I use PM myself to select client images and save in a folder for them to view and select the ones they want to buy from me, im now needing to add more screens to my event setup when it gets busy and run them as self service portals for customers. I can tell clients to highlight there images and either press T or tick the box in the right hand corner of an image to tag it, but once this is done is there a way to make it very easy for them to save there selection in to a named folder ?

No.  I mean you could have the Copy Photos dialog preset to copy to a particular destination, but you can't stop the user from changing settings.

Currently i right click with the mouse in the navigator bar then create sub folders but i'm not sure this would be a good idea for clients who don't really know what there doing so im wondering if theres a short cut built in anywhere.

The Copy Photos dialog can save to a sub-folder of the contact sheet.  You could set it up that way in advance.

Failing the above is there away to hide all the tool bars and navigator etc so on there screens all they can see are pictures, then they could scrol down expand them for a better look and wright down image numbers. If theres no tool bars etc then they cant mess up or delete anything by mistake

No, PM does not offer any "Kiosk Mode" functionality.

-Kirk