Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Catalog / Media Pro

(1/4) > >>

smudger86nz:
Do you have any idea yet Kirk whether Catalog will be able to import the archive/database from Capture One's Catalog software ?
Having been waiting a few years now for Catalog to arrive i'm going to have to bite the bullet and give up and get on with a massive way overdue update of my iView archive to Media Pro.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: smudger86nz on May 31, 2016, 07:52:22 PM ---Do you have any idea yet Kirk whether Catalog will be able to import the archive/database from Capture One's Catalog software ?
Having been waiting a few years now for Catalog to arrive i'm going to have to bite the bullet and give up and get on with a massive way overdue update of my iView archive to Media Pro.

--- End quote ---

Catalog won't be importing any databases from other vendors in its initial release.  If images already have all of the metadata tagged either internally or in XMP sidecar files, then the Catalog Ingest will pick up all of the metadata anyway.

-Kirk

jmi:
Hello ,
I'm also waiting for a long time now for a catalog solution from Camerabit to replace my Media Pro (not so usefull than iview).
Could you please just let us know if we have to wait for a real catalog or face to some issues (I do not know which ones) , finally Camerabit will never have a real catalog solution.

Mick O (Camera Bits):
Hi jmi,

We are working on the product right now, and doing our utmost to make sure it meets the high standards of Photo Mechanic. When it is ready, we will proclaim it loudly to the world, so stay tuned.  Thank you very much!

-Mick

jmi:
Thanks Mick.
Then now I'm very confident on your success to deliver a very fast and performing product.
I'm looking foward to download it ... hope not in a very long time from now.
Good luck

BR
jmi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version