Author Topic: Set GPS Coordinates map window scrolls uncontrollably  (Read 2270 times)

Offline David Roth

• View Profile
Set GPS Coordinates map window scrolls uncontrollably
« on: June 06, 2016, 02:03:39 PM »
PM build: 17338
I am trying to set the GPS coordinates by searching for a named location ('Get GPS' button). The location is found (e.g. "Zion National Park"). I then try to find a specific location by expanding the map and looking for familiar map features or intersections. Two issues arise:
1) The cursor shows as a hand, which implies to me that one can navigate the map background by clicking (grabbing) and dragging the map in the desired direction. This does not work. I can only grab the location marker and move it in the direction I want to go. Then the background map slides in the appropriate direction. This may not be a supported feature, but then the cursor should be changed to a standard pointer. This is an annoyance.
2) Sometimes, when grabbing the location marker, the map starts to scroll by itself without stopping - even when the mouse button is released. The only way I can stop the scroll is to click on 'Get GPS' again, which resets the map and location pointer to the originally found position. Going back to move the location pointer just starts the uncontrollable scrolling again. (The scroll was towards the northeast in the above example.)

I went back to verify the behavior, restarted the 'Get GPS Coordinates' menu again, and found the hand to work correctly in dragging the map for a while. I was able to go back and forth between moving the map and moving the location pointer. At some point in time the hand stopped working again. I closed and opened the menu for a third time and the hand, immediately, did not work.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Set GPS Coordinates map window scrolls uncontrollably
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 02:39:17 PM »
David,

It appears to be a problem with the embedded IE component defaulting to IE7 rendering/scripting.

I have attached a registry file that you can import which will force the component (only for Photo Mechanic.exe) to use IE9 instead which solves the problem in our testing.  I am working on a new installer which will create this registry key automatically, but you can use the attached registry file to correct the problem in the meantime.

HTH,

-Kirk