Author Topic: Direct Upload FTP shortcut ....to skip Uploader Panel Window.  (Read 8084 times)

Offline famu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'd love to send immediately selected images to FTP bypassing Uploader Folder, than press send button.
That's to increase and get easier the workflow of the editing, preview, cropping, and sending images during match, under rain, ecc........

From Contact Sheet panel, or Preview panel, there is any shortcut to digit...... to do upload images directly, so to avoid File Uploader Window ?
I tried Command+Shift+U......but same action of Command+U

PM 5 ( 16960 ) for Mac.

Thanks,

Fabio.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Direct Upload FTP shortcut ....to skip Uploader Panel Window.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »
http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Modifier_Key

The Modifier Key (‘Option’ key on Mac, ‘Shift’ key on Windows) can be used to modify the operation of various dialog boxes throughout Photo Mechanic. The most common use is to bypass a dialog box and directly apply the last used settings without that particular dialog box presenting itself. For example, if you choose ‘FTP as’ from the right-click context menu while holding down the Modifier key, the selected image(s) will be uploaded to whatever the FTP Photos As dialog box was last set to.
Holding down the Modifier key...

When opening the FTP As... dialog will attempt to skip the dialog and send the files immediately.

So press Command-Option-U and it should skip the dialog and send (if possible: if you haven't already used the dialog at least once and set it up, then the Upload dialog will present itself again.)

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline famu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 10:56:52 AM »
THANKS Kirk.......

Yes, now it's running.
I had tried to do it, with this combination of keys, but without sent once time FTP As before.....

so, if I remember, I also could modify and assign - map different key to do it.

Rights?

using Preference panel of mac, keyboard, shortcut.......

THANKS one again to support us !

Regards,

fabio.

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 01:10:00 AM »
Thank you Kirk for this helpful tip.

An other question from my side. Has PM the opportunity to mark all uploaded photos automatically with a predefined color label (color class)?

Thank you, philipp

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 04:30:30 AM »
Hi Philip,

Yes, that is possible. Just select the appropriate colour class etc. in the IPTC stationary pad and apply that during upload (or ingest).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 09:24:48 AM »
Yes, that is possible. Just select the appropriate colour class etc. in the IPTC stationary pad and apply that during upload (or ingest).

Please note that it will be the uploaded images that have the color class applied and not the ones in your contact sheet.

-Kirk

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 01:12:02 PM »
Hi Philip,

Yes, I know this option, but this workflow doesn't work for me, because I need IPTC stationary pad for the Ingest of my photos (without a color label). I looking for a solution without changing the IPTC fields during/after the upload process.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 01:14:53 PM »
Hi Philip,

Yes, I know this option, but this workflow doesn't work for me, because I need IPTC stationary pad for the Ingest of my photos (without a color label). I looking for a solution without changing the IPTC fields during/after the upload process.

Ingest offers its own 'local' IPTC Stationery Pad which is separate from the global IPTC Stationery Pad used by Uploaders.  So only use the local IPTC Stationery Pad in Ingest and make sure it isn't applying any color label.  In the global IPTC Stationery Pad (which you can edit from the Uploader) set your color class.

-Kirk

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:12:08 PM »
Kirk, thank you for your fast support!

Please note that it will be the uploaded images that have the color class applied and not the ones in your contact sheet.

-Kirk

But now I've exact this problem. The photos in the contact sheet are still without a color label. Do you have also a solution for this issue?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 02:26:10 PM »
Ah, I guess I misunderstood you, you wanted the existing images colour coded, not the uploaded ones... There is no solution for this at the moment (other than manually doing so).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 02:34:55 PM »
There is no solution for this at the moment (other than manually doing so).

Okay, thank you Hayo!

Offline famu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 04:00:59 AM »
Hi Kirk and everyone following this thread !

Just to inform you ( always regarding a fastest way to digit-to-upload ) that I found a little Tool also buy a license that permit assign shortcut ( also competed by several digit ) of one key.

Better Touch Tool.

It gave me possibility to set option to send Upload.......directly push only one key.

example: Command+Option+U...press only U

Best And THANKS for all support.

Fabio.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 08:35:55 AM »
Fabio,

Hi Kirk and everyone following this thread !

Just to inform you ( always regarding a fastest way to digit-to-upload ) that I found a little Tool also buy a license that permit assign shortcut ( also competed by several digit ) of one key.

Better Touch Tool.

It gave me possibility to set option to send Upload.......directly push only one key.

example: Command+Option+U...press only U

Best And THANKS for all support.

What happens when you're in the IPTC dialogs and entering a caption and you want to type a 'u' character, does this program change the character from what you typed?  Sounds kind of scary.

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2016, 12:13:08 AM »
Thanks, really useful
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline famu

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2016, 04:05:31 AM »
Kirk..

YES.....if I change assigned specific keyword letter, as U, to immediately send/upload image avoid Uploader Window, I'll not able to write U word into IPTC field.
But, for me in case of my specific fastest workflow job, is not essential write different caption. I write only one caption and I get my precompile IPTC standard through setting into Uploader Window.

And of course, we could assign a different and particular other specific keyboard letter, an unusual, that don't need for write caption,,,,,to avoid this kind of trouble.

but I think, for me sure, this little tool has greta to simplifying workflow digit when we have to obliged to work in little space, under umbrella, under raining, during a match.....
When we are in a lot of particular condition that obliged to digit with only one or two fingers.........to refresh images, Preview images, Crop images, Send/Upload images......

Thanks for very your assistance and support to me/us....

Regards,

fabio.