Author Topic: Use of a Comma Delineated File for Multiple Code Replacements from one Command  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Howard Smith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I am looking to batch caption a large volume of images. Currently, I am using code replacement to enter names separated by commas in the headline field. I then apply a caption template to populate the names into the caption and object name fields.

I am looking to set it up so that when I apply the template it not only copies the name to the other field {headline}, but it will use code replacement to change PLAYER NAME to TEAM NAME PLAYER NAME (#) \{headline}\. That is easy to do when there is only one name, but I can not figure out how to do that when there are multiple names to be copied and changed when they are separated by a comma and space.

Is there a way, or can there be a way to change PLAYER ONE, PLAYER TWO, etc. to TEAM NAME ONE PLAYER NAME ONE (#), TEAM NAME TWO PLAYER NAME TWO (#), etc.

Thank You

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
If you want to do this within PM, you need to create a code replacement for each and every full combination of player names. PM does not process them as “lists”.

Another solution would be to use e.g. the exiftool command and some scripting, but that will be more complicated, of course.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl