Author Topic: Workflow and FTP  (Read 16202 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Re: Workflow and FTP
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 03:40:36 AM »
A great post!!

I work in two different ways as I shoot football for an agency and motorsport for my own work.

Football
Ingest in to PM adding IPTC
For users (on first ingest) I give 1 star, 2nd Ingest 2 stars...
Hide everything except 1 star/s and title
Select all and Edit and Crop in PS
Run an Action to Re-Size, Save As and Image Quality to a 'Images to Send' folder which is open in PM. Also closes image without over writing the original
FTP to agency

Motorsport
Ingest in PM adding IPTC
Choose images giving 1, 2 or 3 stars for FP1, FP2 and Qualifying or Race 1, Race 2, and Race 3
Title if needed
Import in to Lightroom and edit images
Use Exports to send images to various Dropbox folders using keyboard short cuts

Looking forward to reading everyone's workflow

Offline stoner27

• View Profile
    • Colin Port Images Motorsport Photography
Re: Workflow and FTP
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 12:49:27 PM »
Hello all,

I am reading this with interest, i am brand new to PM, i mainly shoot motorsport (motorcycle racing) and am planning on importing all my photos from a shoot straight into PM, mainly to cull, i am going to tag the ones i want to delete and export the keepers back to empty folders on my hard drive in Windows with each class on that will be already named. I will import to LR with a preset on import and can upload from there to my website on Smugmug.

I usually take between 3,000 & 4,000 over a weekend so hopefully this is going to help with my workflow.

Does this sound good or bad ?

One thing i am really interested in is the tagging/keywords in PM that will put the info onto the files as i import, it would be great for me to seperate riders by their numbers and apparently they would go directly into Smart Galleries on Smugmug for each rider but i really have no idea how this works ! can anyone help with this ??

Thanks

Col