Author Topic: Ingest dialog box does not open on camera mount  (Read 3689 times)

Offline bkerley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest dialog box does not open on camera mount
« on: February 19, 2007, 04:54:08 PM »
Installed Secure Client VPN software on my Macbook Pro (intel), and it really messed things up.  I have now uninstalled it, and somehow in the process, it put HandBase desktop into my Login folder (?!) and totally messed up PhotoMechanic, removing the icon from the dock and causing the application to no longer open when I mount my compact flash card from my Nikon D70.  I did have it set to open the ingest dialog.  I went to preferences, made sure "On Mount of Camera Disk--Show ingest dialog" radio button was checked, rebooted, no dice.  Switched to "do nothing", closed, reopened, switched back to "show ingest dialog", still nothing.  The disk image mounts on the desktop, and I can manually open the ingest dialog and ingest the photos, but it does not open automatically on mount.  Ideas?  Reinstall photomechanic?  (Will I need an unlock code?).  I'm running 4.4.3.3

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest dialog box does not open on camera mount
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 06:18:36 PM »
Installed Secure Client VPN software on my Macbook Pro (intel), and it really messed things up.  I have now uninstalled it, and somehow in the process, it put HandBase desktop into my Login folder (?!) and totally messed up PhotoMechanic, removing the icon from the dock and causing the application to no longer open when I mount my compact flash card from my Nikon D70.  I did have it set to open the ingest dialog.  I went to preferences, made sure "On Mount of Camera Disk--Show ingest dialog" radio button was checked, rebooted, no dice.  Switched to "do nothing", closed, reopened, switched back to "show ingest dialog", still nothing.  The disk image mounts on the desktop, and I can manually open the ingest dialog and ingest the photos, but it does not open automatically on mount.  Ideas?  Reinstall photomechanic?  (Will I need an unlock code?).  I'm running 4.4.3.3

Go into the Preferences dialog and click on the Launching tab.  Click on the button that is titled "Configure" (it's in the top right corner.)

This will tell Image Capture to launch Photo Mechanic when a camera disk is mounted.

See if that helps.

-Kirk

Offline bkerley

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest dialog box does not open on camera mount
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 05:50:39 AM »
That's it.  Thanks Kirk.