Author Topic: Can't ingest from one directory to another on a Drobo 5N  (Read 2264 times)

Offline danielmiller

• View Profile
Can't ingest from one directory to another on a Drobo 5N
« on: June 27, 2016, 11:35:53 AM »
Hello all,

I'm trying to ingest files, for the purpose of renaming based on creation date, from one directory, into another directory over our network on a Drobo 5N. It scans the source paths and then immediately reports that the ingest is complete but it never does any actual work.

I've noticed that Incremental Ingest fails due to it being reported as a write-only volume so could this be a permissions problem?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't ingest from one directory to another on a Drobo 5N
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 01:15:09 PM »
Hello all,

I'm trying to ingest files, for the purpose of renaming based on creation date, from one directory, into another directory over our network on a Drobo 5N. It scans the source paths and then immediately reports that the ingest is complete but it never does any actual work.

I've noticed that Incremental Ingest fails due to it being reported as a write-only volume so could this be a permissions problem?

It could be.  But have you tried using the Copy Photos feature instead? It does most of what Ingest does and may work for your purpose.

If neither option works, then I'll refer you to our support folks for troubleshooting support at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888  //  Fax: +1 503.547.2880

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline danielmiller

• View Profile
Re: Can't ingest from one directory to another on a Drobo 5N
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 05:52:11 AM »
That works great. Thank you!