Author Topic: Histogram  (Read 10325 times)

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
Histogram
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:22:44 PM »
Is it possible to have the histogram be shown for the area cropped, rather than the whole image?

\Marty
\Marty

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Histogram
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:51:18 PM »
Is it possible to have the histogram be shown for the area cropped, rather than the whole image?

I suppose it could be recalculated from the crop, but please explain why you would want such a feature?

-Kirk

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 10:09:09 PM »
The main reason is to test/investigate tonal distribution in an area of interest. When you select a subset of the image (crop) that now represents the area of interest, the histogram for the non-selected area is irrelevent.

\Marty

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 11:18:04 PM »
The main reason is to test/investigate tonal distribution in an area of interest. When you select a subset of the image (crop) that now represents the area of interest, the histogram for the non-selected area is irrelevent.

I understand.  Is this something that you would want to happen whenever a crop is present, or would you want to be able to toggle between full image histograms and cropped image histogram dynamically?

-Kirk

Offline Marty Ojaste

• View Profile
    • Martin Ojaste
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 06:03:05 AM »
Toggling between the cropped and full image histograms would be a nice to have if it was easy to do.

The same could have been accomplished by removing the crop, however when you "Remove Crop" the crop goes away forever and the toggling between the two is not possible.

Nikon Capture has two histograms, one for the orignal image and one for the selected area. I often get confused at which on I'm looking at and try to stick to the selected area histogram to simplify my life.

I hope this helps.

\Marty
\Marty