Author Topic: Delete Geotagging possible?  (Read 3339 times)

Offline C-F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Delete Geotagging possible?
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:02:29 PM »
Hey,

Problem:
I have a few images that 'acquired' a geo tag while messing with a trial version of a DAM software. (photos are from a Nikon D300 - raw).
(The originals were showing blank in longitude/lattitude fields:= no geo data exists).
I tried to delete these (wrong) values with PM5 and succeeded - except, now these fields are showing 0.0000 in both fields which puts their location right on to the equator (due South of Greenwich lol).

Question: How do you reset the data to have no geotagging at all - meaning blank?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Delete Geotagging possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 05:17:02 PM »
Problem:
I have a few images that 'acquired' a geo tag while messing with a trial version of a DAM software. (photos are from a Nikon D300 - raw).
(The originals were showing blank in longitude/lattitude fields:= no geo data exists).
I tried to delete these (wrong) values with PM5 and succeeded - except, now these fields are showing 0.0000 in both fields which puts their location right on to the equator (due South of Greenwich lol).

Question: How do you reset the data to have no geotagging at all - meaning blank?

PM does not offer the ability to strip out the GPS data.  You can zero it like you did, but you cannot remove it with PM.

ExifTool can do this and it's free: http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline C-F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 05:49:01 PM »
Thank you Kirk - I'll try it out. :)

Offline C-F

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 07:17:02 PM »
Well, gotten kind of 'rusty' in my old age, but I succeeded to purge the geodata from the images with exiftool  8)

Thanks again Kirk