Author Topic: Sandisk Cfast reader mounting as a hard drive  (Read 3721 times)

Offline Pompo

• View Profile
    • Alfonso Bresciani
Sandisk Cfast reader mounting as a hard drive
« on: July 02, 2016, 12:45:07 PM »
I Know that this is not related to Photo Mechanic, but rather it is a problem caused by the Sandisk Cfast reader but is there a way to setup Photo Mechanic to automatically import pictures with the auto import window opening like it does with regular Compact Flash cards?

This Cfast reader mounts memory cards in Hard Drive mode  >:( I am using OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 )

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sandisk Cfast reader mounting as a hard drive
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 01:27:20 PM »
I Know that this is not related to Photo Mechanic, but rather it is a problem caused by the Sandisk Cfast reader but is there a way to setup Photo Mechanic to automatically import pictures with the auto import window opening like it does with regular Compact Flash cards?

This Cfast reader mounts memory cards in Hard Drive mode  >:( I am using OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 )

If PM is already running, I would expect Ingest to popup when your disk comes online.  I take it that you have PM running prior to inserting your card into your reader and Ingest doesn't popup?

-Kirk

Offline Pompo

• View Profile
    • Alfonso Bresciani
Re: Sandisk Cfast reader mounting as a hard drive
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 01:51:24 PM »
 I'd like with CFast cards to be able to open automatically Photo Mechanic, BUT apparently as shown in Photo Mechanic confit pane :

" This version of your operating system prevents Photo Mechanic from automatically configuring Apple's Image Capture utility to open Photo Mechanic when you plug in a memory card, but you may configure it yourself."

So here is the instructions that I have found on the PM manual page, the Cfast card reader doesn't show up as a mounted device, so it does;t work. Again this is a Prob caused by Sandisk, I wish there was a way to overcome it however.

See the reviews on B&H, some people are not happy about this apparently. Not a big deal but a small inconvenience: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1032304-REG/sandisk_sddr_299_a46_extreme_pro_cfast_reader_writer.html

« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:56:23 AM by Pompo »