Author Topic: IPTC Info - copy & paste but exclude Title/Object Name  (Read 2026 times)

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
IPTC Info - copy & paste but exclude Title/Object Name
« on: September 18, 2016, 04:26:17 AM »
I use the IPTC Info window a lot to caption. Sometimes I want the same caption across a few pictures so its easier to copy and paste using that window. But this copies and pastes all IPTC fields. My Title/Object Name is unique for each picture. I'd like to copy & paste but exclude the Title/Object Name so it stays as originally entered. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Info - copy & paste but exclude Title/Object Name
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 03:37:17 PM »
David,

I use the IPTC Info window a lot to caption. Sometimes I want the same caption across a few pictures so its easier to copy and paste using that window. But this copies and pastes all IPTC fields. My Title/Object Name is unique for each picture. I'd like to copy & paste but exclude the Title/Object Name so it stays as originally entered. Is this possible?

There is no customization of the Copy/Paste buttons in the IPTC Info dialog.  You can use copy and paste (the standard clipboard) manually to copy just the Title/Object Name of the next image, paste the entire IPTC Info, and then paste the copied Title/Object Name back.

That's the best solution I can think of at this time.

-Kirk

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
Re: IPTC Info - copy & paste but exclude Title/Object Name
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 12:02:32 AM »
Thanks Kirk, that confirms what I though.

I haven't had time to try but I guess I could set the Title/Object Name to the variable {filenamebase} when copying the IPTC Info. That should keep it as set and save me doing another copy/paste.

Thanks again.