Author Topic: BUG REPORT: When exporting selected RAW to JPG will export some unselected files  (Read 6675 times)

Offline zhpenn

• View Profile
When exporting selected RAW into JPG(Extract JEPG Previews from RAW Photos) sometimes will export more unselected files when labels and stars filters are on.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:34:43 AM by zhpenn »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
When exporting selected RAW into JPG(Extract JEPG Previews from RAW Photos) sometimes will export more unselected files when labels and stars filters are on.

These "more unselected files", were they selected prior to the label and star filtering?

-Kirk

Offline zhpenn

• View Profile

These "more unselected files", were they selected prior to the label and star filtering?

-Kirk

Perhaps, but because of this problem, I do click one image then select all again want to make PM think Im currentily only selcect thsese files, but after the first extraction unexpected file still being out put, I delete all files in the exported folder then export again, now the files number is correct, no unexpected items. but I dont want every time export twice to get the right photos.  I have attach some logs and screen shot. can you plz check? thanks a lot
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 06:37:57 AM by zhpenn »

Offline zhpenn

• View Profile
Here is another log with same issue. twice exporting to get the right files, thanks for checking

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Can you try the following to see if this works:

After applying the rating/label filter, deselect all files (e.g., by clicking between two image thumbnails) and then select the ones you want again, then perform the extract.

Do you still get the unexpected exports? If not, I think the problem is that when extracting, PM doesn't take the rating/label filter into account when extracting.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline zhpenn

• View Profile
I know what you mean, I deselect all label, then re select it a waste of time.

the reason I think it's a bug is because , it only happen on the 1st time export, the 2nd  export item is correct even when I did not deselect anything then reselect.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
You confirmed my suspicions; this lindeed ooks like a bug in PM: it should not treat filtered out files as selected. Hopefully this can be fixed easily.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I am unable to reproduce this problem.  I need an explicit set of instructions to follow that reproduces the problem.  I have tried:

1) Select a few images (two are 5 star, one is 3 star).
2) Change 5-star rating filter to show only 3 star images. (One is shown).
3) Tools->Extract JPEG Previews from RAW Photos... (Extracts only one image).

This does not reproduce the problem.  Please give me a list of instructions I can follow that will reproduce the problem.  If I can reproduce the problem, then I can fix the problem.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline zhpenn

• View Profile
I am unable to reproduce this problem.  I need an explicit set of instructions to follow that reproduces the problem.  I have tried:

This does not reproduce the problem.  Please give me a list of instructions I can follow that will reproduce the problem.  If I can reproduce the problem, then I can fix the problem.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,
I have also show selected color label as well not just stars. in the log file may be setting or filter setting inside?

mine is : show 3 or more starts also with pink and green labels selected

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,
I have also show selected color label as well not just stars. in the log file may be setting or filter setting inside?

mine is : show 3 or more starts also with pink and green labels selected

No, the log file does not log each and everything you do.  Mostly it logs things that are errors or are unusual warnings.

Can you give me a set of instructions that reproduce the problem?

I need to know every detail that reproduces the problem.  If you're using the 5-star ratings, which ones are active and which ones are inactive?  If you're filtering color labels, which ones are active and which ones are inactive?

Perhaps you could take a screen shot, showing the filters before you change them to filter anything out and the selected photos (it's fine if you want to blur the images out, but I'd need to see the ratings and the labels), then a screen shot showing the filters active, and the images that are left.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshots.

If I can't reproduce a problem, I can't fix it.

Thanks,

-Kirk