Author Topic: Ingest dialog - add option to open as contact sheet.  (Read 3502 times)

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Ingest dialog - add option to open as contact sheet.
« on: June 11, 2016, 07:44:43 PM »
All too often, I find a card of unknown status.  i'd love to be able to insert into my card reader and open it as contact sheet without ingesting.   (And yes, i realize that i can close the ingest dialog, then hit Open Contact sheet off the menu,  but since the ingest dialog pops up when a new card is inserted, it would be nice to just hit a button on there.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 12:23:50 PM by ron_hiner »

Offline SamFrost

• View Profile
    • Sam Frost Photography
Re: Ingest dialog - add option to open as contact sheet.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 02:01:40 AM »
I agree, this would be useful. I think I requested this feature many years ago, but CameraBits' policy is to discourage editing of images still on the cards. I see their point, but it would still be useful for quickly checking what is on any given card.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 12:01:34 PM »
I can see what you are saying and to me this does sound like a good option to have too. Given that currently the option isn't there, is perhaps Incremental Ingest an option to use? That's how I do this currently. It does require you to ingest on the same machine, but I think that will be the case , mostly, anyway.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 05:52:57 PM »
Hayo -- incremental ingest solves a different problem -- I don't want to ingest, I just want to see what's on the card.
Sam -- there is a checkbox in Preferences that controls wether or not PM will be able to edit images still on the cards.

Not a huge deal, I can see what's on the card via Mac's Finder.  But it would be nice to use PM.