Author Topic: Global IPTC vs. Local IPTC  (Read 4361 times)

Offline eja

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Global IPTC vs. Local IPTC
« on: July 13, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
After reading the online manual I'm still confused about which one to choose during ingest.  HEre is what the manual says.

Use Local IPTC Stationery: If this is checked the data entered into the IPTC Stationery Pad that opens when you click on the IPTC Stationery Pad button above will only be applied to the Ingested images and will remain there for the next Ingest. This is very useful if the data added to Ingested images needs to be identical from one Ingest session to the next.
Use Global IPTC Stationery: If this is checked the IPTC Stationery Pad that opens when you click on the IPTC Stationery Pad button above will be the main Pad.
[top]

I've accidentally entered the wrong info on my images because I can't figure out the difference between the Global vice Local.  Can somebody clarify for me?

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Global IPTC vs. Local IPTC
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 01:49:33 PM »
The global stationary pad is the one that is used throughout the whole of PM, the local is one local only to the ingest. The local is actually the one I always use as during ingest I always apply the same standard info. The global one, I use when applying sets of similar metadata to a number of images in a contact sheet.

Hope this clarifies things a bit :)
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline eja

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:37:32 PM »
Thanks..it was helpful.  It helps to hear the explanation a little differently stated.  Now I got it.

EJ

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 08:27:50 AM »
I agree that manual section was a bit convoluted.  I've just edited it to hopefully be clearer for others.  Thanks, fellows!

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits