Author Topic: 'Select Transmitted' Command  (Read 3792 times)

Offline timclarke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • LAT Photographic
'Select Transmitted' Command
« on: July 18, 2016, 09:10:08 AM »

Hi,

I'm not convinced this is even possible from my own investigations but as you guys are far cleverer than me(!), here's hoping...

I'd like to have an option similar to 'Edit > Select Transferred' that selects anything that has been sent from a (Canon EOS) camera via FTP on a WFT Transmitter.  I guess a similar thing would be an option in the Ingest dialog that would colour tag them all, but this wouldn't help in my particular workflow.

As far as I can tell there is nothing to differentiate those images even when they are still on the card so I know this is a very long shot as there may be no way to tell.  I've tried comparing images in a text editor for minute differences, and poking about in the text files that are in the MISC folder on the card but nothing seems to offer any clues.

Any thoughts?!

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: 'Select Transmitted' Command
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:18:33 AM »
Tim,

I'm not convinced this is even possible from my own investigations but as you guys are far cleverer than me(!), here's hoping...

I'd like to have an option similar to 'Edit > Select Transferred' that selects anything that has been sent from a (Canon EOS) camera via FTP on a WFT Transmitter.  I guess a similar thing would be an option in the Ingest dialog that would colour tag them all, but this wouldn't help in my particular workflow.

As far as I can tell there is nothing to differentiate those images even when they are still on the card so I know this is a very long shot as there may be no way to tell.  I've tried comparing images in a text editor for minute differences, and poking about in the text files that are in the MISC folder on the card but nothing seems to offer any clues.

Unless some special metadata is added to the photo when it is transmitted, then only the receiving FTP server would know if the image arrived on a disk via FTP.  If you send an image and produce a sha1 checksum of the image at its uploaded destination and then produce a sha1 checksum of the image on the card and compare the checksums and they differ, then there may be some hope of determining if an image was uploaded.  I expect the checksums will be identical.

-Kirk

Offline timclarke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • LAT Photographic
Re: 'Select Transmitted' Command
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 03:38:10 AM »

Thanks, Kirk.  I suspected as much but I'll double check at my end.