Author Topic: PM 4 & 5 (OSX) Ingest - Destination on server forgotten  (Read 2170 times)

Offline mcg

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM 4 & 5 (OSX) Ingest - Destination on server forgotten
« on: August 15, 2012, 01:43:14 AM »
We've been using PM for about 6 years but it's my partner who uses it daily, not me. (I just fix things)

After a restart the Ingest dialogue doesn't remember the remote location.
(we use a second Mac 10.7.4 as a server for all files)

We always ingest to volumes on this server.

The Primary ingest Destination gets changed each time - Server/WIP/ClientName
but the Secondary Destination is set permanently to ingest to a second drive on the server - Server/RawStore

Installing PM5 I noticed the secondary Destination, whilst it's ticked, was blank.
My partner tells me that PM forgets the location after a restart.
When you go to ingest you get the dialogue about 'the second destination is checked but no destination is set' (paraphrasing)

Last year we did rearrange the systems and move the ingesting from a local machine to a remote machine so I'm not sure if this how it's always been.
The server is always mounted so the path should always be available.

Is there a way to set a permanent path?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4 & 5 (OSX) Ingest - Destination on server forgotten
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:14:38 PM »
I looked at the code that loads the settings for the Ingest dialog.  If the exact secondary destination path does not exist at the time that the dialog opens, then the secondary destination path is changed to "(undefined)".  The full path has to exist.

The full path is going to look something like /Volumes/Server/RawStore when set in the secondary destination.  If that exact path doesn't exist then it will change to the undefined path.

-Kirk

Offline JAS Photo

• View Profile
    • JAS Photo LLC
Re: PM 4 & 5 (OSX) Ingest - Destination on server forgotten
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 11:12:02 AM »
I'm have an issue now - I would like to suggest that PM gives an error like = Secondary destination - "D:/Ingest missing" 

Thanks
Joe Sorrentino
JAS Photo LLC
http://www.JASPhoto.com