Author Topic: Capture NX 1.1 and BW  (Read 5702 times)

Offline zb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Capture NX 1.1 and BW
« on: February 22, 2007, 04:06:55 AM »
Downloaded the PM trial yesterday. Most of my NEF files display the changes I made in NX, but not all.
In a couple cases the color-to-bw change is not displayed. On a few others it's (I believe) the control point changes. Oddly, it appears that bw and control point changes are displayed correctly in other files. I am only working with a small set of images so I don't know if this behavior is peculiar to these few files.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Capture NX 1.1 and BW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 06:37:57 AM »
Downloaded the PM trial yesterday. Most of my NEF files display the changes I made in NX, but not all.
In a couple cases the color-to-bw change is not displayed. On a few others it's (I believe) the control point changes. Oddly, it appears that bw and control point changes are displayed correctly in other files. I am only working with a small set of images so I don't know if this behavior is peculiar to these few files.

Photo Mechanic does not (in general) render NEF files.  It shows the embedded JPEG preview, so if Capture NX is not updating the preview to reflect your changes, they will not appear in Photo Mechanic.

Did the files that show their changes go through a different set of steps than those files that do not show their changes?

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline zb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 07:28:15 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.
The edit steps were about the same for all the files. That's why it seems odd.
I'll work with another set of images tonight and see if bad actors are the exception.

Offline zb

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 03:38:04 AM »
Downloaded LR1 and it could not display the files at all. Only Nikon View and Capture can.  So it's not PM. Some sort of file corruption.
PM looks like a winner.