Author Topic: Crop Rectangle  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Lorkis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Crop Rectangle
« on: August 08, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »
I updated to Photo Mechanic 5.0 Build 17611 (4483a36) from the prior build a few days, running it on a MacPro post 2013 using OX 10.11.6.  Processed dngs coming from Lightroomcc 2015.6.1 in pictures that were cropped in Lightroom now have crop rectangles both in the thumbnails and in full screen view.  Perhaps I am missing something, but I can't remove the rectangles.  The crops seem to be in the same proportion as processed in Lightroom but in the wrong place.  Any advice?  Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Crop Rectangle
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 11:08:25 AM »
I updated to Photo Mechanic 5.0 Build 17611 (4483a36) from the prior build a few days, running it on a MacPro post 2013 using OX 10.11.6.  Processed dngs coming from Lightroomcc 2015.6.1 in pictures that were cropped in Lightroom now have crop rectangles both in the thumbnails and in full screen view.  Perhaps I am missing something, but I can't remove the rectangles.  The crops seem to be in the same proportion as processed in Lightroom but in the wrong place.  Any advice?  Thanks

Photo Mechanic uses the same cropping data as Lightroom/ACR.  When Lightroom updates the embedded JPEG previews in DNG files, it puts an already cropped image in the DNG and does not remove the crop information.  Depending on the aspect-ratio of your crop in relation to the original dimensions of the photo, PM can sometimes tell that it shouldn't show the crop.  And in other cases, PM cannot tell and shows the crop when it really should not be showing it.  You can choose to ignore it, or remove the crop in PM if it bothers you.

-Kirk

Offline Lorkis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 03:41:43 PM »
Thanks, Kirk for the speedy answer.  But, my problem is that I can find no way of moving or removing the crop rectangle.  Nothing seems to work.  So, I just went back to the prior build and all is fine, at least for now.

All the best,
Lambert

Offline aroger

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 06:14:54 PM »
Hi Kirk.
I am seeing the same problem as described by Lorkis.  I had to go back to the previous version as well.
I am am using Windows 10.  It showed up on my laptop as well as my desktop.
Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 06:50:24 PM »
Lambert,

Thanks, Kirk for the speedy answer.  But, my problem is that I can find no way of moving or removing the crop rectangle.  Nothing seems to work.  So, I just went back to the prior build and all is fine, at least for now.

Do you have RAW and JPEG images paired together?  Or are you RAW only?

-Kirk

Offline Lorkis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 06:20:29 AM »
Kirk,

Only DNG files converted from NEF files by LightroomCC (most recent update).

Lambert

Offline Lorkis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 06:24:18 AM »
Kirk,

I forgot to answer your other question.  No, there is no JPG, RAW pairing.  At least not intentional and/or not that I know of.

L

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 09:15:38 AM »
I forgot to answer your other question.  No, there is no JPG, RAW pairing.  At least not intentional and/or not that I know of.

Could you provide me with one of your DNG files that reproduces the problem?

Thanks,

-Kirk