Author Topic: Email as an integrated option  (Read 4963 times)

Offline goddenphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Darryl Godden Photography
Email as an integrated option
« on: August 14, 2016, 10:51:19 AM »
For the first time this weekend, I've had to email live ingest images to a client as the event was taking place. In comparison to uploader options it seems strange that email is detached from the exporting process and in the File menu, also it would be really handy to set-up the email parameters as part of the job, I know the email panel retains the data entered when you select to email a photo, but to set-it up for jobs would make the process better.
---------------------------------------------------------
http://darrylgoddenphoto.co.uk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Email as an integrated option
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 01:55:52 PM »
For the first time this weekend, I've had to email live ingest images to a client as the event was taking place. In comparison to uploader options it seems strange that email is detached from the exporting process and in the File menu, also it would be really handy to set-up the email parameters as part of the job, I know the email panel retains the data entered when you select to email a photo, but to set-it up for jobs would make the process better.

Email seems like a poor distribution choice for a realtime event.  Why not upload to a server and let the client browse the images from the server?  If you used something like PhotoShelter, SmugMug, DFStudio, Zenfolio, etc. then your client could browse the gallery that you're uploading your images into directly.

-Kirk

Offline goddenphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:27:35 AM »
Although I agree, sometimes we're lead by the client and their needs, I can't always dictate how I'd like them to work.

If email is going to be included in PM, is it a valid suggestion?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 08:53:11 AM »
I know the email panel retains the data entered when you select to email a photo, but to set-it up for jobs would make the process better.

What does this mean to you?  It certainly isn't enough information for me to implement any changes to the Send Photos via Email feature.  I need specifics and then I can tell you if they're feasible.

-Kirk

Offline toptog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 09:59:22 AM »
Download "Affixa" and use it with your email account. I use it with a Gmail account. All you do is instead of selecting "send by FTP" select "send photos by email" when you click OK affixa starts to load the photos via your email account you then just click send and that's it there sent.
http://download.cnet.com/Affixa/3000-2367_4-75446003.ht

Offline Luiz Muzzi

• View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 04:22:08 AM »
Download "Affixa" and use it with your email account. I use it with a Gmail account. All you do is instead of selecting "send by FTP" select "send photos by email" when you click OK affixa starts to load the photos via your email account you then just click send and that's it there sent.
http://download.cnet.com/Affixa/3000-2367_4-75446003.ht

Hi,
I was going to try  Affixa but I have found out it only works with Windows and I am a MAC user. Anyway, I use Mail and it works fine.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline goddenphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 04:12:27 AM »

Email seems like a poor distribution choice for a realtime event.  Why not upload to a server and let the client browse the images from the server?  If you used something like PhotoShelter, SmugMug, DFStudio, Zenfolio, etc. then your client could browse the gallery that you're uploading your images into directly.

-Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I've managed to streamline my emailing process, although the separation of emails so I can have captions on each photo is an issue I've raised in another post  ;)

Cheers.