Author Topic: IPad support  (Read 5628 times)

Offline Billstills

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPad support
« on: August 18, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »
This is probably common knowledge to everyone else but I'm stunned and amazed that PhotoMechanic does not exist for IPad and there are no plans in the foreseeable future to, quoting Captain Picard, "Make it so".  I understand Camera Bits doesn't have unlimited resources to provide software for every system but, come on, OS isn't exactly something coming out of a mom and pop garage set up and IPad isn't an outdated concept slated to die out next month.  Gotta give this info a big, fat: >:(

Offline Tim S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IPad support
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 02:57:34 AM »
I agree it would be nice, but it's not really something I would expect.  For PM type tasks (mainly rating and culling), I use RawVision on my Android tablet.  It's not very user friendly, but once you get to know it it's fast and gets the job done.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 08:08:46 AM »
It is on our radar, and we recognize possible uses for it. If only it were as simple as making it so...

Off the record, just a couple guys talkin' here: How much would you pay (ballpark) for an iPad version that could do culling, rating, adding captions with variables and code replacements?

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Tim S

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 09:25:59 AM »
I wouldn't be interested in an iPad version, but would maybe pay up to $50 for an Android version, if it was reliable, fast and integrated smoothly with the desktop version.

Offline jose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 12:54:28 PM »

Off the record, just a couple guys talkin' here: How much would you pay (ballpark) for an iPad version that could do culling, rating, adding captions with variables and code replacements?

-Mick

With FTP, etc? Unpriced for me and now. I would pay the same as for OS X or Windows.

And fantasizing, maybe a package Traditional Photomdchanic + Tablet version?

saludos,
jose.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 10:25:00 AM »
Oh, can we finally have focus points visible as well. If I am going to dream, I am going to dream b.i.g.

Getting the focus points, while a very welcome addition, is really really hard to do. No one camera is the same so this feature requires specific code for each and every camera. I don't think this is something that we will be able to get anytime soon, if ever. And if we would get it, it would only be for a very select number of cameras…
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl