Author Topic: Printing with file info  (Read 5208 times)

Offline lfabrizio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Printing with file info
« on: February 23, 2007, 12:49:09 PM »
I just got Photo Mechanic installed on my computer at work. I went to print a contact sheet as a test, and for some reason no text is printing, it's set in the print window to have the folder as the header, and filenamebase as the title. Yet I'm only getting images. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Printing with file info
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 05:07:11 PM »
I just got Photo Mechanic installed on my computer at work. I went to print a contact sheet as a test, and for some reason no text is printing, it's set in the print window to have the folder as the header, and filenamebase as the title. Yet I'm only getting images. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Take a screen shot of the dialog just before you start the print job and post it here.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline lfabrizio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 07:14:59 AM »
here ya go.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 07:28:26 AM »
here ya go.

Looks good to me.  Photo Mechanic relies on the printing system on your computer and if it isn't working properly, I suppose this could be the outcome.  Can you print mixed graphics/text with other applications?

Can you check the console.log file for messages related to Photo Mechanic?

-Kirk

Offline lfabrizio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 08:03:26 AM »
Kirk,

I can print a contact sheet from photo shop which shows up with text. We weren't able to find anything in the log.
Is there a phone number I can contact you at, so that either me or my IT manager can trouble shoot this with you? I have  to demo this program to a group tomorrow, that's why it's somewhat urgent.

Thanks for all your help!
Lauren

Offline lfabrizio

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 08:10:10 AM »
Ok one more question - we were able to print correctly from someone else's machine who is running Panther. I'm using Tiger - is there any issue with the newer OS?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 09:15:28 AM »
Ok one more question - we were able to print correctly from someone else's machine who is running Panther. I'm using Tiger - is there any issue with the newer OS?

No, I use Tiger all of the time and it prints fine.  Please contact support at 503-531-8430.

-Kirk