Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad  (Read 3414 times)

Offline Ulven70

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC Stationary Pad
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:05:53 PM »
I have a few saved IPTC Stationary Pads for different needs.  Sometimes I need to update all of them or just some of them with updated info in only certain boxes.  The problem I have is that when I am working on them, I get distracted and when I get back to it, I have forgotten which ones I have done, and what is the name of the one I am working on.  My only clue is in the save window where it shows the date modified.

Would it be possible to add the name of the saved IPTC Stationary Pad.xmp file next to the words IPTC Stationary Pad that already exist in the upper left corner of the IPTC Stationary Pad when you load one?   

Let us know.
Thanks
Ed

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »
Ed,

I have a few saved IPTC Stationary Pads for different needs.  Sometimes I need to update all of them or just some of them with updated info in only certain boxes.  The problem I have is that when I am working on them, I get distracted and when I get back to it, I have forgotten which ones I have done, and what is the name of the one I am working on.  My only clue is in the save window where it shows the date modified.

Would it be possible to add the name of the saved IPTC Stationary Pad.xmp file next to the words IPTC Stationary Pad that already exist in the upper left corner of the IPTC Stationary Pad when you load one?   

It would be possible, but then it would very likely make users think that when they OK the dialog, it will save back to that file (which it in fact won't do!) thus confusing users.

-Kirk

Offline Ulven70

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:47:23 PM »
Good thought.  I did not go there.  Thanks
Ed