Author Topic: recognizing file extension *.tsv  (Read 3113 times)

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
recognizing file extension *.tsv
« on: September 01, 2016, 09:50:30 PM »
Hi, running on OS10.11.6, PM latest build as of tonight.

Prior to the last 2 updates I was able to use the Merge button in Structured Keywords to import a file with the extension TSV as downloaded from Google Sheets. During the last 2 updates, files with this extension are grayed out and unable to be selected for import.

They will import / merge fine if I rename them, but it was much more convenient when I was able to directly merge that file extension.

I suppose I am unsure if this was something you changed or OS X changed.

help.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: recognizing file extension *.tsv
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 11:09:38 PM »
Hi, running on OS10.11.6, PM latest build as of tonight.

Prior to the last 2 updates I was able to use the Merge button in Structured Keywords to import a file with the extension TSV as downloaded from Google Sheets. During the last 2 updates, files with this extension are grayed out and unable to be selected for import.

They will import / merge fine if I rename them, but it was much more convenient when I was able to directly merge that file extension.

I suppose I am unsure if this was something you changed or OS X changed.

I don't believe we made any changes to how files are filtered in the Open dialogs, but I can check and see if I can enable .tsv (tab-separated-value) files.

-Kirk

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »
Build 18040
evidently corrects the ability to load the TSV files without requiring a rename to txt extension

Thank you Kirk and Camera Bits ... you guys and gals really are the best and make my day to day photo importing, organizing and history keeping that much better.

//Dennis

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 04:20:47 PM »
Alas, I just tested the update and I have the same error. See the attached capture. Renamed to TXT i can see and attach the file but the TSV extension remains grayed out...