Author Topic: Duplicate ingest from Sony even when incremental ingest box is ticked!  (Read 3698 times)

Offline SCW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I always have the Incremental Ingest box ticked when ingesting images and it's always worked well with cards from any of my Canon cameras, however, when ingesting frpm either of my Sony A6000's it seems to ignore my request and re-downloads anything on my cards that I've previously downloaded.

As an aside I always get an error message that one file on the Sony's cards was not downloaded, although that in itself is not a problem.

Any ideas as to anything I can do to stop the duplicate ingest?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Duplicate ingest from Sony even when incremental ingest box is ticked!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 01:38:32 PM »
I always have the Incremental Ingest box ticked when ingesting images and it's always worked well with cards from any of my Canon cameras, however, when ingesting frpm either of my Sony A6000's it seems to ignore my request and re-downloads anything on my cards that I've previously downloaded.

As an aside I always get an error message that one file on the Sony's cards was not downloaded, although that in itself is not a problem.

Any ideas as to anything I can do to stop the duplicate ingest?

What build of Photo Mechanic are you running?  Also, is the card write-protected?  If so, PM can't put its data file on the card and without the data file PM can't track what files it has previously copied.

-Kirk

Offline SCW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »
I'm using build 17719 on Windows and 17671 on my Mac. The cards are not write protected. It is the same on cards from both my A6000's and the same on both the Windows and Mac

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 03:46:33 PM »
And if you ingest a card from a Canon camera with Incremental Ingest on then it works as expected?

Can you send me a full directory listing of your Sony camera card?

-Kirk

Offline SCW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 04:00:47 PM »
I have various Canon cameras and Incremental Ingest works as it should on all. Only on shots taken with either of my A6000's do I have an issue

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 06:07:33 PM »
I have various Canon cameras and Incremental Ingest works as it should on all. Only on shots taken with either of my A6000's do I have an issue

OK, so can you send me a full directory listing of the A6000 card?  If you use a Mac then open up the Terminal app and then enter the following:

ls -alR@be (followed by a space, then drag and drop the card from the Finder onto the Terminal window and it will enter the path to your card, then click back in the Terminal window and press enter.)

A recursive directory listing will be output.  Copy and paste the text into your reply to this message.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline SCW

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 04:08:15 PM »
Will do. Do you ant it sent as a PM

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 06:59:07 PM »
Will do. Do you ant it sent as a PM

That would be fine.

Thanks,

-Kirk