Author Topic: Eject Backup Disk  (Read 3103 times)

Offline jrp

• View Profile
Eject Backup Disk
« on: September 03, 2016, 09:37:45 AM »
As well as ejecting the SD/CF card from which the images are ingested, it would be helpful to have an option to auto-eject the drive to which backups are written.  Saves a further repetitive step.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Eject Backup Disk
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 11:12:48 AM »
Are you saying that you remove the backup drive each time you ingest a card? What about when you ingest multiple cards?
Unless you only ingest one card each time, could the automation be (slightly) beneficial, but then again, not really much effort is saved by it either… Or am I misunderstanding your question?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline jrp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 12:39:14 PM »
Yes.  It saves power.  I am suggesting that it should be an option, so that those that have different workflows don't need to reinsert their backup disks.

Offline jamiewiseman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 08:08:26 PM »
Perhaps I'm a luddite, but I don't ingest disks before I edit.  Usually because I'm on edition and I know I need only one or two frames from a card - or indeed two cards.  The mac takes ages to eject the disk I've been editing from.  In fact to do it I have to leave the window I'm editing in, search around a messy desktop for the card icon, usually fail and so have to open a blank finder window to find the drive in the side bar.... then when I try to eject it then stops while it tells me it cannot be ejected because it's being used by Photo Mechanic because I've forgotten to close the folder tab.  Close window, go back to the screen with the finder window, scroll down to the drive and try again at eject.  It takes thirty seconds when a simple button at the top of the Photo Mechanic window could do the whole thing for me in five.