Author Topic: Tagged images to Lightroom  (Read 6983 times)

Offline JochenB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Tagged images to Lightroom
« on: July 30, 2016, 09:48:26 PM »
Hello,
despite tagged images, all images are imported into Lightroom

My process:
I choose Windows with "T" the good pictures
I'll show my gatagged Images
I select all tagged photos with Ctrl + A from (now of a different color)
With Edit Picture to Lightroom opens
Now Lightroom want to import all images also rejected. It is also only an image in Lightroom with a hook !!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Tagged images to Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:03:01 PM »
Hello,
despite tagged images, all images are imported into Lightroom

My process:
I choose Windows with "T" the good pictures
I'll show my gatagged Images
I select all tagged photos with Ctrl + A from (now of a different color)
With Edit Picture to Lightroom opens
Now Lightroom want to import all images also rejected. It is also only an image in Lightroom with a hook !!!

Try using drag-and-drop instead.  Drag the selected photos and drop them into Lightroom.

Lightroom doesn't work well as an Editor from PM.

-Kirk

Offline tombearyphotography

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 08:51:19 AM »
I use Cmd & Y which sends the selected photos to a Folder on my desktop. This folder i have set up in Lightroom as an 'Auto Import' folder so it will immediately import to Lightroom.

Might work as a workaround for you too

Offline cpbeyers

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 01:42:31 PM »
I use the drag-and-drop method to move my Tagged images into Lightroom, which works for me because I have my file system set up to have my images stored by date and LR handles that for me nicely especially if I'm dealing with a multi-day shoot. I initially ingest into a folder on my desktop, process to Tag images and add metadata, then drag-and-drop only the Tagged images to import them into LR. When that's complete, I delete all of the images in the Desktop folder, remove the CF or SD card, and format the card(s) in the camera so I'm ready for the next shoot. Then I Develop in LR, add any additional keywords, and Export for posting...and then I'm done with that shoot.

Offline Linwood

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
As mentioned, drag-and-drop works best for me.  I just let LR decide where to put the photos (PM tends to separate by ingestion date I think, and LR by shoot date, but if drag and drop LR just does its thing independent of any ingestion grouping).

The only thing I don't like about this workflow is that "T" is a toggle.  Sometimes in reviewing photos I might backtrack, and accidentally select the same photo again - which of course un-tags it.

And once in LR if I decide to grab another photo, I just drag and drop that - no tagging, etc. needed.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 11:16:17 AM »
The only thing I don't like about this workflow is that "T" is a toggle.  Sometimes in reviewing photos I might backtrack, and accidentally select the same photo again - which of course un-tags it.

The '+' (plus) will only ever set the tag.  You can use '+' instead.

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 11:50:51 PM »
Hi Tom

I use Cmd & Y which sends the selected photos to a Folder on my desktop.  This folder i have set up in Lightroom as an 'Auto Import' folder so it will immediately import to Lightroom.

Is there a way to use Cmd + Y that doesn't keep asking where you want the files to go after you've selected the destination folder?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:06:26 AM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 09:08:59 AM »
Jon,

I use Cmd & Y which sends the selected photos to a Folder on my desktop.  This folder i have set up in Lightroom as an 'Auto Import' folder so it will immediately import to Lightroom.

Is there a way to use Cmd + Y that doesn't keep asking where you want the files to go after you've selected the destination folder?

If you choose the "Copy to this folder:" option and set a base path and a folder to create, it should never ask you where you want your photos to go.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Copying_and_Moving_Photos

HTH,

-Kirk