Author Topic: sort by time taken & IPTC batch entering  (Read 3436 times)

Offline jennyebert

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
sort by time taken & IPTC batch entering
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:11:06 AM »
I have 2 questions:
1. How do I sort a large batch of photographs taken by two cameras by the TIME taken?
2, in the IPTC stationary pad  is there a way to enter into all categories at once: Category, supp. category 1,supp category 2, keyword etc. For example if I am putting in some key words for some images they will be key words ,others categories. Currently I have been having to enter the same words separately into each category, which seems to be a bit of a waste of time..Is there a better way?

Offline dbrouse

• View Profile
    • DC Corporate Headshots
Re: sort by time taken & IPTC batch entering
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
1. How do I sort a large batch of photographs taken by two cameras by the TIME taken?

View ALL of the images in the same contact sheet then on your toolbar...use the DROPDOWN menu and select the criteria that you want to sort by (capture time, modification time, ANY of the LONG list of variables that are a part of PM)

2, in the IPTC stationary pad  is there a way to enter into all categories at once: Category, supp. category 1,supp category 2, keyword etc. For example if I am putting in some key words for some images they will be key words ,others categories. Currently I have been having to enter the same words separately into each category, which seems to be a bit of a waste of time..Is there a better way?

I don't completely understand your question...but you can cut/paste as well as use the SNAPSHOT ability as well as variables.  Will any of those help you?

Delane

[attachment deleted by admin]
Delane B. Rouse/Rouse Photography Group, LLC
Mac OS: Version 10.7.4, Build 12713

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: sort by time taken & IPTC batch entering
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »
In the IPTC stationary pad  is there a way to enter into all categories at once: Category, supp. category 1,supp category 2, keyword etc. For example if I am putting in some key words for some images they will be key words ,others categories. Currently I have been having to enter the same words separately into each category, which seems to be a bit of a waste of time..Is there a better way?

If you have a lot of changing data (meaning not really suited to batch operations like applying the IPTC Stationery Pad) then you should use the IPTC Info dialog for each photo.  When you hover your mouse cursor over a thumbnail, one of the buttons has an 'i' on it.  Click on that button and you will be editing the individual IPTC Info for that photo.  Enter in all specific data there.  Data that is common (like Copyright, Caption Writers, etc.) should be applied with the IPTC Stationery Pad.

I hope this helps, but I am not quite sure if I have understood your question completely...

-Kirk