Author Topic: Moving to Sierra  (Read 4324 times)

Offline jrp

• View Profile
Moving to Sierra
« on: September 10, 2016, 12:48:46 PM »
I have just moved to Sierra and while Photomechanic runs, if I install a card that has already been partly imported, the card is (a) not recognised as one that should start-up Photomechanic, (b) completely reimported.  Not the world's biggest problem, but it would be better if the transition was seamless.

I haven't checked color management, etc.

Offline Hydester

• View Profile
    • Hotel Resort Photography
Re: Moving to Sierra
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 11:34:51 AM »
I have a problem too.

I have PM set to auto-eject import card.

Basically the Sierra OS seems to try to re-mount the card leading to alerts ' The card wasn't ejected' and other problems.

Stephen Hyde

www.hotelresortphotography.co.uk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »
I have just moved to Sierra and while Photomechanic runs, if I install a card that has already been partly imported, the card is (a) not recognised as one that should start-up Photomechanic, (b) completely reimported.  Not the world's biggest problem, but it would be better if the transition was seamless.

I haven't checked color management, etc.

A) Image Capture has been broken since El Capitan (does not consistently launch any app besides Apple's Photos app).
B) If your /Users/<your username>/Library/Caches/Photo Mechanic/ folder was not preserved then the data that tracks what was Ingested has been lost.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 02:18:55 PM »
Stephen,

I have a problem too.

I have PM set to auto-eject import card.

Basically the Sierra OS seems to try to re-mount the card leading to alerts ' The card wasn't ejected' and other problems.

Sounds like a bug in the new OS.  PM is calling the same functions it always has to unmount a card.  I expect such problems to be fixed in an update to macOS Sierra.

-Kirk

Offline Pavel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 06:17:05 PM »
I've noticed that for the last few years, Apple has really made it difficult to change over from doing things their way. It's like you have to stand on your head while juggling old 3.5" floppies - before you get to set it up the way one wants.  If windows did not force updates, and generally act worst in the same ways, I'd almost think of the formerly unthinkable. :)

I guess a Debian or Slackware version of PM isn't "just around the corner", right?  ;)