Author Topic: IPTC Stationary Pad- unexpected behaviour  (Read 1346 times)

Offline chardinej

• View Profile
IPTC Stationary Pad- unexpected behaviour
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:37:11 AM »
Hi- I'm having a problem here. Say I have entered location information for a particular image. Then I go back to the Stationary Pad and want to add some keyword information. I have this as a Snapshot and in the snapshot, the location information check boxes are unchecked and the fields are blank. Because the boxes are unchecked, existing location information should not be affected in any way. However, when I run the snapshot, the location information disappears (is edited).

I am running latest version of Mac OS and latest version of PM. I searched for this problem in the forums and found a similar post from 2012 with a post from Kirk that the problem was fixed. However, I am still seeing it.

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 03:40:40 AM by chardinej »
John

MacBook Air i5/10.8 (Mountain Lion); PM 5 latest build

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: IPTC Stationary Pad- unexpected behaviour
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 11:21:28 AM »
Hi John,

I tried your workflow on my El Cap Mac ( X.10.11.6 ) with PM v5 build 17719 and so far everything is working as expected.  This test used Jpegs on the local hard drive.  When you loaded the Snap shot file in the Stationary Pad, did any other field's apply boxes checked?  If not, then there could be multiple IPTC/XMP records in the selected files. Can you send a sample problem file and a copy of your Snap shot file?   Are you using the default settings on the IPTC/XMP preference page? 

regards,

--Bob