Author Topic: Sorting by type  (Read 7879 times)

Offline msturk

• View Profile
Sorting by type
« on: September 12, 2016, 07:33:44 AM »
Not sure what's happening but when I attempt to sort by type, which always worked in the past, I cannot seem to separate my .nefs and JPEGS now. Any ideas?  Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sorting by type
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:01:07 AM »
Mike,

Not sure what's happening but when I attempt to sort by type, which always worked in the past, I cannot seem to separate my .nefs and JPEGS now. Any ideas?  Thanks.

How does it look now?  Are you joining RAW+JPEG on the View menu?

-Kirk

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:34:51 AM »
Hi Kirk, Yes I separate the Nefs and Jpegs then go to file type to place the news in another folder. It's intermingling the nefs and jpegs erratically.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:35:19 AM by msturk »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 09:37:15 AM »
Mike,

Hi Kirk, Yes I separate the news and jpegs then go to file type to place the news in another folder. It's intermingling the news and jpegs erratically.

And what version/build of PM are you using?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 10:02:01 AM »
5.0, build 17719 (c8049ca)

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 11:09:07 AM »
It worked for the Nefs then I processed the Jpegs and attempted to separate them from the Nefs with File Type and again they wouldn't separate.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 11:25:01 AM by msturk »

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »
Sorting by type places the nefs and jpegs side by side; however my old laptop with build 17335 works as it should and separates them. I'm at a loss here.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 05:13:22 PM »
Mike,

Sorting by type places the nefs and jpegs side by side; however my old laptop with build 17335 works as it should and separates them. I'm at a loss here.

Could you customize your thumbnail labels and add {type} to them and then take a look at each thumbnail and see if the 'type' is reasonable?

Let me know what you find.

-Kirk

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 09:06:01 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean add {type} to the renaming feature?  I think I may have gotten into trouble by using the Edit Custom  from the drop-down menu and adding {filetype} to replace {filesize} if that makes any sense.

Somehow I have it configured to read: 1. Sort by {filetype}; 2. Sort by {serial}; 3. Sort by {tag} and {colorclass}; 4. {type}; 5. Sort by {sound}; 6. Sort by {hascrop}; 7. Sort by {width}; 8. Sort by {height}; 9. Sort by {lens}; 10. Sort by {phototog}.

I'm not sure how I managed to have both {type} and {filetype} there.

I also changed my file naming to this: {datesort}_{jobname}_{seqn} and wondered if that's affecting it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:09:28 PM by msturk »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 10:46:08 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean add {type} to the renaming feature?  I think I may have gotten into trouble by using the Edit Custom  from the drop-down menu and adding {filetype} to replace {filesize} if that makes any sense.

No.  In the Contact Sheet section of the Preferences dialog you can customize up to three labels that will appear under each thumbnail in the contact sheet.  I want you to add {type} to one of the three custom labels and then scroll through your contact sheet and make sure that the {type} for each image makes sense or not.

If you want to fix any of your custom sorts, you can use the appropriate example to replace what you've changed with the defaults from the examples.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline msturk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 06:18:56 AM »
Thanks I will try this.