Author Topic: Cards not ingesting  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Cards not ingesting
« on: September 14, 2016, 05:50:07 AM »
I have recently had a few instances, when my memory cards are not ingesting. It shows the card is loading, it appears to be loading very fast then there s a tone but thing saved to the primary destination or the contact sheet not opening up..
Can you assist .

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Cards not ingesting
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 08:37:54 AM »
I have recently had a few instances, when my memory cards are not ingesting. It shows the card is loading, it appears to be loading very fast then there s a tone but thing saved to the primary destination or the contact sheet not opening up..

Do you have incremental ingest turned on?  Are there new images on the card?

-Kirk

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2016, 09:02:32 AM »
No switched it off and yes new images on the card.. But thats how it performs. I have even formatted the card and shot new images still not working. In the last hour it has started showing this when I enter the card..

For safety, your settings prevent any changes from being saved on your Camera Disk
("/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D"). You can change this in Preferences > Files. For now, any changes you make will not be saved. Open Contact Sheet to view only?

I have tried it on another camera and card it is still the same..Yet i have not changed any settings on the camera of PM.
Thanks Huw

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 11:15:33 AM »
No switched it off and yes new images on the card.. But thats how it performs. I have even formatted the card and shot new images still not working. In the last hour it has started showing this when I enter the card..

For safety, your settings prevent any changes from being saved on your Camera Disk
("/Volumes/EOS_DIGITAL/DCIM/100EOS5D"). You can change this in Preferences > Files. For now, any changes you make will not be saved. Open Contact Sheet to view only?

I have tried it on another camera and card it is still the same..Yet i have not changed any settings on the camera of PM.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Cloughie

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 12:36:41 PM »
Here you go

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 02:38:22 PM »
Sorry.  I see no error messages in the log regarding Ingest.  Let's try turning on one of PM's diagnostics.

In order to turn the diagnostic logging on, you'll need to create a file named PMDebug.txt and you have to place it among Photo Mechanic's preferences files.  Photo Mechanic's preferences files are stored in the following location:

<your home folder>/Library/Preferences/com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic/

Create the PMDebug.txt with your favorite text editor (it must be plain text and not some RTF or Word document.)  It needs to have the following contents:

INGEST_LOGGING ON

Save the PMDebug.txt file to your desktop and then copy it to the above folder.

The easiest way to open that folder is to use the Go menu in the finder and choose "Go to Folder..." and enter ~/Library/Preferences and then click the Go button.  Scroll down to the com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic folder and copy your PMDebug.txt file there.

Then run Photo Mechanic and reproduce the problem.  Next, go to the Help menu and choose the 'Reveal Support Data...' menu item.  Your PM.log file should now be compressed and a Finder window should come forward and show you the file.  Please post the updated file here.

Thanks,

-Kirk