Author Topic: Photo Mechanic Refreshing  (Read 2203 times)

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photo Mechanic Refreshing
« on: September 16, 2016, 12:32:54 PM »
I have a parent folder with multiple sub folders beneath it. This is part of a sales table. I then move photos in another folder into to one of the sub folders. This is on one machine. Is there anyway around having to manually refresh PM (i.e. Close parent folder then reopen) in order to see folder?

Kevin

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photo Mechanic Refreshing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 02:01:10 PM »
Kevin,

Find the parent folder in the Navigator.  Right-click on it.  Choose one of the "open folder and subfolders" options.  The parent folder and all current subfolders will be opened in a single tab.

I think this is what you're wanting to do based on your description.  Please let me know if I have misunderstood you.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:20:24 PM »
Thanks but not quite what I was asking.

I have several mac minis setup for Customers to view photos - each running PM. 1 mini is set up to view the photos as well as 'serve' the photos to the other minis. There is one folder 'Main' and under that up to 300 sub folders with the name of their son or daughter. When their child skates in and event, we move a folder with the event name under the skater's name to the mini serving the photos.

Before any files are moved, on every mini except the one holding the photos, there is an arrow beside the skater's name. However, on the mini that is serving the files, there is no arrow until the skater's event folder is moved under the skater's name. Then, I have to collapse the 'Main' folder then re-open for the arrow to show. This will not fly with Customers who cannot seem to handle having to click only on their skater's name to see the events.

What you said will work - but no way I can have clients doing that. Why is it different on the machine that is both serving the photos and displaying the photos? Is there any workaround short of - don't do that  8) ?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:46:03 PM »
You need to make the Mini serving the folders not check sub-folders for folders.  Right-click on any folder in the Navigator and choose Preferences... from the contextual menu.

Un-check the "Always check sub-folders for folders on local disks" checkbox.

OK the dialog.

That should do it.

-Kirk

Offline cdnpilot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 06:49:36 AM »
Perfect - thank you!

Kevin