Author Topic: Font size in 'Watermark...' panel  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Tony Hall

• View Profile
    • Tony Hall Photography
Font size in 'Watermark...' panel
« on: September 24, 2016, 06:50:39 AM »
Should you be able to control the font size in the Watermark... settings panel?

I was trying to use a fixed font size, using the Show Font Panel, but it always returns to 48pt.

Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 17719 (c8049ca)
Mac OS X 10.11.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Font size in 'Watermark...' panel
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 08:02:34 PM »
Tony,

Should you be able to control the font size in the Watermark... settings panel?

I was trying to use a fixed font size, using the Show Font Panel, but it always returns to 48pt.

No.  The font size is automatically scaled to render the text as large as it can be given the length of the text and the size of the area it is rendered into.  If it didn't do this then anytime the image being watermarked varied in size the text would be disproportionate in size.

-Kirk

Offline tj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 12:35:40 PM »
Tony, it sounds like you are about a day ahead of me with the same problem.
I have been able to manipulate font size from the sliders in the "dimensions" section of the watermark dialogue box; "Width" and "Height".
But, it is not a consistent look if, especially if you have mixed your landscape and portrait images together and trying to batch print/ process them all at once.
I think I understand Kirk's explanation, but I am unclear why there is a "font panel" size option provided at all, (unless that is just a default font panel dialogue that was used and is auto overwritten)
The watermarking is a great feature and nicely keeps everything local within PM, but perhaps there is a 3rd-party program that can take the same info and image from PM and merge into one image file and that uses a rubberstamp as opposed to more flexible watermark process???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 03:13:34 PM »
I think I understand Kirk's explanation, but I am unclear why there is a "font panel" size option provided at all, (unless that is just a default font panel dialogue that was used and is auto overwritten)

PM uses the font panel provided by the OS.  It allows one to choose the size even though we don't use it.  We can't stop it from letting the user change the size but the size information is unused by PM.

-Kirk