Author Topic: PM quits during drag&drop copy operation  (Read 2908 times)

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
PM quits during drag&drop copy operation
« on: September 25, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »
During my photo sort at the moment I look at photos in PM, I select them and drag them into a folder in Forklift. Most of the time the drag&drop copy works just fine. However from time to time I keep experiencing PM simply quitting unexpectedly without a reason or any error message. It keeps happening over and over, but I manage to copy quite a bunch of my pics without any problem if I restart PM after such a quit.

I don't know if PM, Forklift the OS or some interaction between them can cause this uncommon error.

I use Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 17719 (c8049ca), Forklift Version 2.6.6 (680) and OSX version 10.10.5 (14F1909).

The machine is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012) with 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 and 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:51:46 PM by vAfotoriporter »
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM quits during drag&drop copy operation
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 10:21:22 PM »
During my photo sort at the moment I look at photos in PM, I select them and drag them into a folder in Forklift. Most of the time the drag&drop copy works just fine. However from time to time I keep experiencing PM simply quitting unexpectedly without a reason or any error message. It keeps happening over and over, but I manage to copy quite a bunch of my pics without any problem if I restart PM after such a quit.

I don't know if PM, Forklift the OS or some interaction between them can cause this uncommon error.

I use Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 17719 (c8049ca), Forklift Version 2.6.6 (680) and OSX version 10.10.5 (14F1909).

The machine is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012) with 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7 and 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

What is "Forklift"?

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: PM quits during drag&drop copy operation
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:08:09 AM »
Forklift is a two panel file manager like Norton/Midgnight/Windows Commander under OSX. I basicaly use it for FTP transfers, but it comes handy some times arranging my files too.

I attached the zipped PM log file.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com