Author Topic: SimpleViewer Gallery no longer working  (Read 4287 times)

Offline Keith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SimpleViewer Gallery no longer working
« on: September 27, 2016, 03:40:58 PM »
I've generated numerous galleries using simple viewer over the years. After a bit of a hiatus from using SV - maybe 6 months - I tried to generate a gallery today to no avail. PM goes through the motions but then I get a "Simple Viewer Gallery not found" prompt in Safari.

I am running PM 4.6.9

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: SimpleViewer Gallery no longer working
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 04:32:31 PM »
I've generated numerous galleries using simple viewer over the years. After a bit of a hiatus from using SV - maybe 6 months - I tried to generate a gallery today to no avail. PM goes through the motions but then I get a "Simple Viewer Gallery not found" prompt in Safari.

Can you zip up your gallery and post it here so I can look to see if the necessary files are present?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zip file.  Your gallery can be a single low resolution picture if you like.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Keith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 09:02:26 PM »
Here ya go.

Thanks for having a look at it.

Keith Highley

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 11:23:09 PM »
Keith,

Here ya go.

Thanks for having a look at it.

Your gallery worked fine on my system running Firefox.  Safari didn't complain, but I saw no images either.  Chrome didn't complain and it showed no images.

My guess is that browser updates have made the old SimpleViewer Flash-based gallery obsolete.

Do you have older galleries you generated before the problem started?  Do they still work?

-Kirk

Offline Keith

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I've been out of town w/ no computer access.

Older on-line galleries do still show up - but only after I got a prompt while in Safari asking if I'd like to permanently use Flash to view all galleries (or something to this effect).

For some unexplainable reason, I put a "#" symbol in the gallery I was attempting to export. For grins, I removed the #, renamed a few files, created and uploaded a gallery. This did allow me to see the (new) gallery once I uploaded it to my site. But the offline gallery, and older galleries still do not show up on either Safari or Firefox. I downloaded PM5 and went through the same process with the same result - uploaded galleries work, off-line galleries do not.

I'd still love to have galleries open up in Safari after I create them... any suggestions appreciated.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2016, 10:06:38 AM »
Keith,

I suppose you could try using SimpleViewer directly (www.simpleviewer.net) and if it works for you (they have a much newer version available than the one PM is using) let us know.  We can then try to integrate it into the next update to PM5.

HTH,

-Kirk