Author Topic: switch from PM to Lightroom designated image without import dialog  (Read 2495 times)

Offline weddje

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I import all images in lightroom first. Than when I start culling I do switch to Lightroom to see how the images looks with a preset. Is there a way to create a shortcut key to switch to the designated image in Lightroom. Now I only  have the option 'open with'.

thank you in advance,
Joost

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: switch from PM to Lightroom designated image without import dialog
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:00:49 AM »
Joost,

I import all images in lightroom first. Than when I start culling I do switch to Lightroom to see how the images looks with a preset. Is there a way to create a shortcut key to switch to the designated image in Lightroom. Now I only  have the option 'open with'.

No hotkey for that (it's just not possible to direct Lr to do much of anything by a third-party app), but you could try dragging and dropping the image from PM onto Lightroom and hopefully it will see that it already imported the image and will select it instead of trying to import it again.

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:25:24 AM »
Joost,
No hotkey for that (it's just not possible to direct Lr to do much of anything by a third-party app), but you could try dragging and dropping the image from PM onto Lightroom and hopefully it will see that it already imported the image and will select it instead of trying to import it again.

I just tries this and it sadly doesn't work as you would hope. It is a real pain Lightroom doesn't behave well in this respect; even if the file is already imported do you get the import dialog. Really bad behaviour of Lightroom and one of the many reasons I prefer to do my edits in Camera Raw directly…
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline weddje

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 02:46:43 AM »
thank you for responding and trying. Lightroom doesn't communicate well with PM indeed in that regard.