Author Topic: Open same folder in multiple tabs?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Claude Diderich

• Newcomer
  • Claude Diderich
    • View Profile
    • Claude Diderich Sports Pictures
Open same folder in multiple tabs?
« on: October 07, 2016, 11:39:25 AM »
Is there a possibility to open the same folder more than once as 'Contact Sheet Tab''

In athletics, I usually take a photo of the starting list (the first photo in the folder) and look at that photo when captioning my photos. Currently I have to scroll back and forth between the first photo (with the athlete names) and the photo that I am captioning. It would be great if I could replace the scolling back and forth, by switching tabls.
Claude Diderich, sports photographer, member of AIPS and sportpress.ch
Mülibachstrasse 49, CH-8805 Richterswil, Switzerland, phone: +41 (44) 450 81 66, fax: +41 (44) 450 81 19, mobile: +41 (79) 450 81 66, e-mail: cdiderich@cdsp.photo, internet: http://www.cdsp.photo/

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open same folder in multiple tabs?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 01:31:41 PM »
Claude,

Is there a possibility to open the same folder more than once as 'Contact Sheet Tab''

No.  PM won't allow the same folder to be present in multiple Contact Sheet tabs.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Open same folder in multiple tabs?
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 08:32:54 AM »
I should add that this is a classic case for using Code Replacements -- to save time when typing in athlete names.  E.g. if you are looking at jersey numbers to match them from the list, you could set up a Code Replacement file based on the photo of the list so that you only needed to type the jersey number into your caption and it would expand to the athlete's full name.  Here's more info on how to do that:  http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=Speeding_Up_Captioning

However, if that's not your bag, no worries. You could try the 2-up photo view in the preview window that would keep your Athlete List on one side and your current photo on the other side.

Try opening Preview Window in 2-up mode (use the button with 2 rectangles)  and then the IPTC Info window next to that. (You can resize the IPTC Info window such that the target photo is rather small, since you have it in the Preview window as well)

In this configuration, you can keep your athlete list open, type captions into the IPTC Info window, advancing to each new photo (with cmd-n or ctrl-n) with the list staying visible. I attached a shot of what I'm talking about.

Maybe this helps? I hope so.

-Mick

Mick O
Camera Bits