Author Topic: Function to select all cropped photos  (Read 3114 times)

Offline Claude Diderich

• Newcomer
  • Claude Diderich
    • View Profile
    • Claude Diderich Sports Pictures
Function to select all cropped photos
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:10:12 AM »
On the contact sheet view, it would be great if it would be possible to select all photos that have a crop incorporated.

This would support the following workflow
  • Go through a list of photos and crop those that are of relevance for further editing
  • Select all cropped photos
  • Send all cropped photos to external program (CTRL+E) for further editing
Currently I crop the photos and tag them. Then I select all tagged photos and send them for external editing. But sometimes I forget to set the tag on a cropped photo and it gets missed.
Claude Diderich, sports photographer, member of AIPS and sportpress.ch
Mülibachstrasse 49, CH-8805 Richterswil, Switzerland, phone: +41 (44) 450 81 66, fax: +41 (44) 450 81 19, mobile: +41 (79) 450 81 66, e-mail: cdiderich@cdsp.photo, internet: http://www.cdsp.photo/

Offline vAfotoriporter

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
    • Attila Volgyi photojournalist
Re: Function to select all cropped photos
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 09:19:19 AM »
There is no feature to select cropped photos, but you can sort your contact sheet to show cropped photos first (or if you check the reverse order than at the end of the contact sheet if it fits your workflow better). This way you can quite easily select the cropped photos or to see which ones need crop to be added.

On the contact sheet view, it would be great if it would be possible to select all photos that have a crop incorporated.

This would support the following workflow
  • Go through a list of photos and crop those that are of relevance for further editing
  • Select all cropped photos
  • Send all cropped photos to external program (CTRL+E) for further editing
Currently I crop the photos and tag them. Then I select all tagged photos and send them for external editing. But sometimes I forget to set the tag on a cropped photo and it gets missed.
Working on Mac, OSX, iOS and with some Canons.
Allways shooting RAW.

http://www.volgyiattila.com