Author Topic: Slide Show on a second monitor  (Read 2227 times)

Offline BradTollefson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website and Blog
Slide Show on a second monitor
« on: October 10, 2016, 08:14:18 PM »
I'm trying to run either a Slide Show or Live Slide Show on a second monitor, and still be able to work (not within Photo Mechanic) on the first monitor. However, as soon as I click off the second monitor the slide show closes out. Is there a preference or option that I'm missing to keep this from happening?

Brad

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Slide Show on a second monitor
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 09:45:08 PM »
Brad,

I'm trying to run either a Slide Show or Live Slide Show on a second monitor, and still be able to work (not within Photo Mechanic) on the first monitor. However, as soon as I click off the second monitor the slide show closes out. Is there a preference or option that I'm missing to keep this from happening?

No, it's that way on purpose.  There is no preference that disables that behavior.  When the full screen context is deactivated, the slideshow ends.

-Kirk

Offline BradTollefson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Personal Website and Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 06:43:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to have a suggestion for a different software that would have this capability?

Brad

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 06:53:25 PM »
Brad,

Thanks for the reply. Do you happen to have a suggestion for a different software that would have this capability?

Not really, no.  I'm sure there are many dedicated Slideshow apps out there for Mac OS X and Windows.

-Kirk