Author Topic: Injest problem with local iptc showing up at the other end as the global one  (Read 1932 times)

Offline SuperJon

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi there.

I having a weird problem where I injest pictures and apply "Use Local IPTC Stationary" but this seems to be showing up at my client's picture desk showing the caption which is in my "Use Global IPTC Stationary"
At my end I look at the caption in Photomechanic (and in file info in Photoshop) and it is correct but at their end they see a generic caption I have put in the global stationary pad.

I am using Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 and Photomechanic v5 (17719)

I have used photomechanic for years and had no problem with this in the past, not changed anything at all and suddenly this is occuring - and to more than one client as well so the problem is at my end.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Are you perhaps applying the IPTC stationary pad when uploading the images to your clients?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
I having a weird problem where I injest pictures and apply "Use Local IPTC Stationary" but this seems to be showing up at my client's picture desk showing the caption which is in my "Use Global IPTC Stationary"
At my end I look at the caption in Photomechanic (and in file info in Photoshop) and it is correct but at their end they see a generic caption I have put in the global stationary pad.

Are you perhaps applying the IPTC stationary pad when uploading the images to your clients?

Yes, please check your upload settings and make sure you're not applying the IPTC Stationery Pad in the upload.  The Upload dialog always uses the global IPTC Stationery Pad.

-Kirk