Author Topic: Actuation Count  (Read 5142 times)

Offline convergent

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Actuation Count
« on: February 27, 2007, 06:23:27 AM »
Which Canon bodies does Photo Mechanic accurately report shutter actuations for.  I am planning to sell some bodies to do an upgrade, and want to make sure I know which I'm getting accurate counts for.  The bodies I have are 1DMk2N, 1DMk2, 5D, and 20D bodies.  I am pretty sure my 1DMk2Ns and 1DMk2s are good... the 5D is giving me a very low number... and I'm assuming it won't work with the 20D.  The 1s are my biggest concern since they've been used the most.  Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Actuation Count
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:06:07 AM »
Which Canon bodies does Photo Mechanic accurately report shutter actuations for.  I am planning to sell some bodies to do an upgrade, and want to make sure I know which I'm getting accurate counts for.  The bodies I have are 1DMk2N, 1DMk2, 5D, and 20D bodies.  I am pretty sure my 1DMk2Ns and 1DMk2s are good... the 5D is giving me a very low number... and I'm assuming it won't work with the 20D.  The 1s are my biggest concern since they've been used the most.  Thanks.

The 5D and 20D do not contain an accurate shutter actuation count.  So there is no way for Photo Mechanic to accurately report the count on those cameras.

-Kirk

Offline bcap

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 01:32:52 PM »
I wasn't aware PM had this capability.

I have a Rebel, how can I check how many accutations it has?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 02:40:50 PM »
I wasn't aware PM had this capability.

I have a Rebel, how can I check how many accutations it has?

You can use the {actuations} variable, but it won't be accurate on a Rebel.

-Kirk