Author Topic: License key not remembered  (Read 2534 times)

Offline kenaitze

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
License key not remembered
« on: October 14, 2016, 02:26:00 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic v5, Build 17719 on a Surface Pro3 with an Intel Core i5 processor and Windows 8.1 Pro. A while back, PM started asking me intermittently for the license key at launch. Not every time, but frequently. After I enter the key that I have, it works. Any suggestions on why the software isn't remembering that it's registered? It's a hassle to have to reenter it so often. Many thanks in advance!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: License key not remembered
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:19:39 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic v5, Build 17719 on a Surface Pro3 with an Intel Core i5 processor and Windows 8.1 Pro. A while back, PM started asking me intermittently for the license key at launch. Not every time, but frequently. After I enter the key that I have, it works. Any suggestions on why the software isn't remembering that it's registered? It's a hassle to have to reenter it so often. Many thanks in advance!

Is there something changing on your system?  New hard drive?  New OS?  An OS update?

For a problem like this, I suggest contacting our support folks at:

By email: support@camerabits.com

By phone: +1 503.547.2888  //  Fax: +1 503.547.2880

Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Offline Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 04:26:05 PM »
I have a Surface Pro 3 ( i7) and this happens... NO ONE has been able to figure it out.  I have literally put my license key under the kickstand with a p-touch label. I have spoken to Bob, and Kirk gave me a procedure to 'log' the various installs. Originally when it was happening each time I would have to re-register the key the install counter on the Camera Bits server would increase by 1. Lately at least the counters have not increased so the silver lining is that I won't have to call CB and get into a long winded back and forth about the number of installs I have made... been there and done that too.

Offline kenaitze

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 02:52:22 PM »
Thanks, Kirk. I'll contact support. Eric sounds like he is going through the same issue. Nothing changes on the Surface Pro in between requests for a new key.