Author Topic: Deleting photo editing options  (Read 2189 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Deleting photo editing options
« on: October 16, 2016, 07:41:26 AM »
Please can you tell me how I remove photo editing apps from the right-click 'Edit Photo In' list? I have 3 that I need to remove.

Version 5.0, build 17719 (c8049ca) on Mac 10.10.5

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 07:58:26 AM by JonHob »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Deleting photo editing options
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 09:58:16 AM »
Jon,

Please can you tell me how I remove photo editing apps from the right-click 'Edit Photo In' list? I have 3 that I need to remove.

Version 5.0, build 17719 (c8049ca) on Mac 10.10.5

In the Preferences/Launching section:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Launching_Preferences

Assign Specific Application to File Type: Click ‘Set...’ to assign different file formats to different applications. You might like to use Photoshop as the default but also set ImageReady to open GIFs and a particular RAW Converter to process NEF files. These options are shown when using the right-click context menu option on photos in the contact sheet: ‘Edit Photos with’. You can also use "Custom Editor" slots to be able to assign External editors as options that appear when you select 'Edit photos with..." from the menu.

For any editor you find in the list and you want to remove, select it and then click on the "Use default" button and it will be removed for that item.  If you have a particular editor assigned to multiple file types, find each one, select, click "Use default".

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Re: Deleting photo editing options
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 12:28:49 PM »
Hi Kirk

That's great thanks!!

Jon