Author Topic: Camera locked photos don't show  (Read 3154 times)

Offline cschick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Camera locked photos don't show
« on: October 21, 2016, 07:55:33 PM »
I am running Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 17719 (c8049ca) on a Mac with OS X Version 10.9.5 with an Intel Core i5. I shoot with Canon 5DMarkIII primarily. But this issue never occurred on my work computer so it shouldn't be a gear issue.

Issue: When I tag photos in the camera, they don't show up in PhotoMechanic. Say I tag 5 of 30 photos in the camera, Photo Mechanic will ingest 25 photos and say 5 errors, which will be the tagged photos and they do not appear.

I do have the ingest "both locked and unlocked" option clicked. I've tried the ingest "locked only" option, but then nothing shows up!

I have attached screen shots of the issue.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Camera locked photos don't show
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 01:55:44 AM »
As you can see PM reported errors during the ingest, my bet is that there is a problem with those locked files. Did PM tell you what those errors were? Can you have a look at your PM.log file? Choose Help|Reveal Support Data…, that will create a zip file with you log so you can post it here for us to have a look at.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline cschick

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:03:01 PM »
Log zip file is attached....I have no idea what I'm trying to read. Oct. 15 is the last day that I locked photos in my camera and had them not appear in Photo Mechanic.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:07:30 PM by cschick »

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 12:27:24 AM »
I had a look at your pm.log and it simply looks like you had no more space on the drive you copied your files to! (errno 28 is normally an out of disk space error). Note too that you probably missed more than just the locked files (in fact, I don't think that had anything to do with it).

Does this help?
Hayo Baan - Photography

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 06:35:50 AM »
I had a look at your pm.log and it simply looks like you had no more space on the drive you copied your files to! (errno 28 is normally an out of disk space error). Note too that you probably missed more than just the locked files (in fact, I don't think that had anything to do with it).

On top of the fact that it simply looks as if you didn't have any space, your system also seems to be set to an incorrect date; the PM log you sent is dated 23 November. It's October still ;)
Hayo Baan - Photography