Author Topic: RAF files & Lr Tags  (Read 2091 times)

Offline shotis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
RAF files & Lr Tags
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:49:39 AM »
Hi guys,

I've just imported a Lr catalogue into PM which contained a mixture of CR2 and RAF files. Unfortunately the colour labels for the RAF files aren't showing up in PM.

Not sure where I'm going wrong, so any held would be appreciated.

Many thanks

ps. I'm running PM ver.5 build 17719 (c8049ca) / MacOS Sierra

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: RAF files & Lr Tags
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 08:56:21 AM »
I've just imported a Lr catalogue into PM which contained a mixture of CR2 and RAF files. Unfortunately the colour labels for the RAF files aren't showing up in PM.

Not sure where I'm going wrong, so any held would be appreciated.

Are you using the "Adobe" settings in the IPTC/XMP prefs and the General prefs?  Are XMP sidecar files being generated when you set your color labels?

-Kirk

Offline shotis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 02:38:45 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Yes I'm pretty sure I'm using adobe settings in both places in PM (using the drop down menus and selecting Adobe Lightroom).

I've had a look at the original folder of RAF files and XMP files have been generated in Lr alongside the RAF files, the colour tags just aren't visible in PM. Ive tried it on another folder just to be sure - I colour tagged one RAF image and despite having an XMP file associated with it in the original older, the image is untagged in PM.

Hope that helps.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 03:28:51 PM »
Yes I'm pretty sure I'm using adobe settings in both places in PM (using the drop down menus and selecting Adobe Lightroom).

I've had a look at the original folder of RAF files and XMP files have been generated in Lr alongside the RAF files, the colour tags just aren't visible in PM. Ive tried it on another folder just to be sure - I colour tagged one RAF image and despite having an XMP file associated with it in the original older, the image is untagged in PM.

Can you post one of your XMP sidecar files (that you have labeled in Lr) and a JPEG screenshot showing your General prefs, please?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline shotis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 12:06:24 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Thanks for your reply - I'll get these to you shortly

Cheers