Author Topic: Keyboard shortcut to jump to first image / last image when in contact sheet.  (Read 2143 times)

Offline J.A.S.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Running Photo Mechanic 5 version 17719 on OSX 10.11.6

This has driven me crazy trying to work it out - as I keep thinking that I'm missing something obvious.....

When viewing in the contact sheet window, is there a keyboard shortcut to jump to the first image in contact sheet or the last image at the bottom?

I've tried using CMD + the up or down cursor keys (like you would in a web browser to jump to the top / bottom of the page) but that doesn't work.

Have looked on the keyboard shortcut list in the manual and can't find any mention of it.

Have found that using the Fn key and the up / down cursors moves one page at a time - but still can't see anything that moves directly to the first or last image.

Thanks,

John

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Running Photo Mechanic 5 version 17719 on OSX 10.11.6

This has driven me crazy trying to work it out - as I keep thinking that I'm missing something obvious.....

When viewing in the contact sheet window, is there a keyboard shortcut to jump to the first image in contact sheet or the last image at the bottom?

I've tried using CMD + the up or down cursor keys (like you would in a web browser to jump to the top / bottom of the page) but that doesn't work.

Have looked on the keyboard shortcut list in the manual and can't find any mention of it.

I believe that Home and End will do this.

-Kirk

Offline J.A.S.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Kirk,

At first I thought you were referring to a Windows keyboard until I googled 'Home and End keys on a Mac'...........

I'm still learning some of the Mac shortcuts a year or so after swapping from PC.

So, like you said, the Fn key plus Left or Right cursor keys will do the job perfectly. Knew there was a simple answer !

You learn something new everyday.

Thanks,

John